Clean Pull Complex
1 Tempo Clean Pull
1 Clean Pull
Sets 1-2: 70%
Set 3-4: 75%
Sets 5-6: 80%
Gymnastic + Power CJ
On the 2:00 x 6 Rounds:
3 Bar Muscle-Ups
5 Toes to Bar
3-3-2-2-1-1 Power Clean and Jerks
Rounds #1+2 – 3 Power Clean and Jerks
Rounds #3+4 – 2 Power Clean and Jerks
Rounds #5+6 – 1 Power Clean and Jerk
Start between 60-65% of our estimated 1RM Power CJ, and steadily build from there to a moderate single by the sixth and final round. All parts this week are “not for score”, but we’ll track loads purely for technique reasons.
• Today and tomorrow, we’ll build to a moderate loads on the CJ and Snatch. Challenged with other movements, we’ll have a realistic feel as we reach towards good weight on the barbell. With that said however, we are truly in priming mode. Let’s move lighter and faster, versus heavier and slower.
• Rounds here begin on every 2:00 (0:00, 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10:00)
• Let’s start in the range of 60-65% of our estimated 1RM Power CJ and steadily build from there, where every 2 rounds, the reps decrease (3-3-2-2-1-1).
• The 3 reps can be completed touch and go or as single repetitions
• Use one barbell and switch out weights during rest periods
• Training this complex which is a challenge to transition to… which is great here. Let’s make this more skill based, than capacity based.
• The two totals do not need to be linked together, or completed unbroken. Let’s move well here, and at our own pace. Again, technique first.
• Reduce Reps
• Great day to choose a specific skill to refine, such as a jumping bar muscle-up
• If we are not pursuing bar-muscle-ups, 5 CTB’s per round fits well here
‘’Eagle Eyes” 20 min cap
1,000 Meter Row
100′ Single Dumbbell OH Walking Lunge
30 Lateral Burpees over Dumbbell
30 Single Arm Dumbbell Hang Clean and Jerks ( 5 reps switch )
Dumbbell Pounds – 50/35